Being in the online space we hear this question over and over again. What side hustles can I do that will actually make me money? The truth is there are TONS out there. The women in Cassie’s family are QUEENS of side hustles, they have all done something or other at different times in life to make extra money each month, but before we share our list we want to address something that is important to remember when trying to start a side hustle.
There is no super easy immediate quick fix way to make a substantial amount of extra money each month. Whatever you do will require a little hustle to get going, hence “side HUSTLE.” When we tell people about side hustles they could start to make money we are ALWAYS met with objections as to why this or that will not work. It is really important to recognize that those objections are just excuses. We truly believe there is nothing you can’t do or learn to be able to accomplish at LEAST one of these options. If you want to start a side hustle but feel like you have objections to every single thing in this list, please contact us HERE or through The Philip Marie on Facebook or Instagram and we would be happy to help you through your obstacles. Where there is a will there is a way!
That being said here is our list of 10 proven side hustles. We start with options that require little to no investment and then we move to options that will require a little bit of money to get started.
- Drive for Uber or Lyft. This is one of the best ways we have made extra money on the side and it requires no money to get started as long as you have a four-door vehicle that is 2008 or newer. In fact, they usually give you a big bonus to get started. There is tons of information about both of these companies online so just google it.
- Review ads online through LeapForce. Cassie’s mom has been doing this lately and is making about $300 each month working one hour a day 5 days a week. There is even a group you can join to get tips on how to get the most out of this job if you are selected. You can use this link to apply and they will contact you if you qualify. https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/jobs/list?uref=3227a9ee7487eaef7230d9915ae42316
- Amazon Mechanical Turk. Cassie’s best friend does this and loves it. You can Google a ton of information about this but Amazon will pay you for different tasks like filling out surveys. You can either spend the money you make directly in Amazon or they will deposit the money into your account. This is generally a smaller amount of money but it depends on how much you do. Our friend was able to make $100 in 2 weeks to pay for her daughter’s birthday party by just doing it in her spare time. She knows someone who was able to make $600 in about a month, but she worked really hard and was serious about it. Here is the link! https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
- Freelancing Online. You can get started with this for little to no money. If you have a skill like SEO, Marketing, Social Media Management, Photography, Writing, etc. You can just get started by joining different Facebook groups and advertising yourself on social media with a specific skill. Business owners ALWAYS need help with these tasks and are willing to pay because they will see a return. You can also look at upwork.com and www.fiverr.com to get started. A lot of people feel like they are not good enough to get started freelancing but we are here to tell you that YOU ARE and people WILL pay you for your skills. If you would like to gain more confidence spend a little time practicing and building up a portfolio to gain some confidence and then just START.
- Tutoring or Teaching a Homeschool Class. This also requires little to no money and just a little hustle, and probably a degree but not necessarily. You can advertise tutoring on craigslist and social media to get started and then gain more clients through word of mouth. Most parents will want to see a degree for tutoring in specific subjects but if you can prove your knowledge in some way you most people will be okay with just a specific skill set. If you have a specific skill like speaking a different language or making a specific product, then get involved with your local homeschool community and offer a class for a set price per student. Home Schoolers love learning new skills and parents will pay to have their kids learn from someone other than them occasionally.
- Babysitting. Self explanatory. Have you watched kids before? Search for opportunities on craigslist and www.care.com, and just spread the word in your friend group. Trust me, Parents want date nights. If you want to make it a regular gig open an in home daycare. Here’s a resource about how to get started. http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Home-Daycare-Center.
- Pet Sitting and Dog Walking. Pet sitting and dog walking is an amazing way to earn extra cash. You can establish a business and a website for very little money and use care.com, www.rover.com or www.wagwalking.com to get started. My mom ran a successful pet sitting and dog walking business for a while part time by printing some business cards and establishing a relationship with the owner and employees of our local pet store. The owner referred her personally to all his customers and she worked exactly as much as she wanted to.
- Flipping Furniture. This side hustle is my personal favorite and one I always go back to. Find solid wood furniture on craigslist.org or www.freecylce.com or even the Facebook marketplace. Your goal is to get items that need a little love for free or under $20. Then go at it with sandpaper, primer, paint or stain, and seal it with a poly coat or wax. If you want to get really fancy you can buy pretty knobs or drawer pulls. Then re-sell the piece on craigslist and Facebook for way more than you paid for it. If you are really into this you can take your pieces to your local flea market or craft fairs and sell them there as well.
- Start an Etsy Shop. An Etsy store is an awesome side hustle and a great introduction to online business. Do you have a product you have always wanted to make? Or do you love vintage items like clothes, accessories, home décor or novelties? I wasn’t perfect when I started my Etsy shop but I loved making things and I hustled and learned and grew and I LOVE it as a side job. Some makers become super successful with this and quit their full time jobs, it’s really up to you and in your control. There are many resources online through Etsy that can help you get started, or you can contact Cassie for some one on one help.
- Network Marketing. Network Marketing is amazing and one of the best ways to make money while working from home and spending time with your friends and family. There are literally hundreds of companies and opportunities out there and chances are you know a few people that are already involved in one of them. The start up required for these companies can range anywhere from $25 to $5,000 from what I hear, and all the compensation plans are different, but the idea is the same. Get paid for sharing a product you love with friends, family, and then other people you meet that might be interested. If you would like to know more about Network Marketing opportunities in the Skin Care, Beauty, or Health and Wellness industry let us know and we can point you in the right direction.
If you would like all of this information on a printable PDF list please click HERE to download!
So that’s the list of our favorites, we could go on and on. Maybe with another post later on? What do you think of these options? Do you have any other suggestions? We want to hear from you so please let us know!